Berlin Dance Institute welcomes a diversity of international students from all over the world. Our faculty is also international, seventy-five percent of our faculty stem from outside of Germany. This diversity of nationalities and cultures at BDI increases the creativity and widens the scope of your learning experience. We are always searching for new opportunities for both our students and our faculty to enhance their understanding of dance and its variety of approaches.
All our lecturers at BDI speak both German and English and classes are conducted in both languages. All theory classes and exams can be done either in German or English.
We encourage all international students to attend an audition at our school in Berlin. This gives you the opportunity to meet members of staff and other students. If you are unable to attend an audition, then it is possible to audition via DVD or a link to YouTube.
We recommend all new students who are joining us from outside of Berlin to attend the BDI Student Welcome and Orientation Day that will be held the weekend before the start of the new academic year.
Our aim during the Orientation Day is to provide:
- Information about living in the Berlin; shopping, transport and local amenities etc.
- Information regarding the German health system: local doctors and dentists etc.
- Information and support in opening a German bank account.
- Introductions to members of the faculty.
- Insight into the course requirements and any additional support that you may need.
Above all, we are here to ensure that you are happy, settled and ready to embark on your journey at Berlin Dance Institute.
Welcome to BDI